1) Tell us about yourself and your family. Bernard and I have been married 39 years. We have two sons. The oldest lives in London with his wife and our two grandchildren, ages almost 5 — that’s a girl and a two year-old boy. Yes! It’s fun! But we miss them and hope they will move back to Texas in 2022 after 3 years there. Our younger son is not married —- but we have hope! He lives and works in Austin. I continue my PR campaign for Fort Worth trying to round them up and bring them home. Bernard was born and raised in France. Karin was born and raised in Almost Heaven. That’s West Virginia! The “Mountain State” — Country Roads and all that. Bernard and I have been in North Texas since 1979 and both sons were born here — one in Dallas and the other in Fort Worth. We all speak French - comes in handy with Bernard’s family who still live in France. I am also very lucky to have my 93 year-old mother living in her own home very close to us.
2) How long have you lived in Ridglea North?
We built this home on Kenwick & moved in 8.5 years ago following 17 years in Mira Vista. While building our first home in MV, we rented a friend’s home in the 6300 block of Locke in 1994-95 and loved it. So — here we are again! It’s been an excellent choice. Convenient, friendly, attractive and we have the best neighborhood association!
3) What’s your favorite neighborhood activity or event? Walking the neighborhood with our dogs! Of course, we do love the July 4th celebration. So colorful, patriotic and fun to see all the children and neighbors in our red, white & blue.
4) What’s your favorite thing to do in Fort Worth? Oh gosh. I hardly get out of the neighborhood! We have two restaurants on West 7th Street so my husband works every day and night. Therefore, I am often home but I do love that we have such fine museums, good restaurants and I think the most attractive big city in Texas. We have a history here and are proud of it. I love the new Dickies Arena and even driving on Camp Bowie Boulevard. Event? You just can’t beat the Fort Worth Kennel Club Dog Show at the Will Rogers Complex every March. Of course I would say that. I am a dog lover and compete in confirmation as well as many dog sports! Also, who doesn’t love the fort Worth Stock Show?!
5) What’s your best advice on being a good neighbor?
Dessert. Bake and take them dessert!