1) Tell us about yourself and your family. My husband and I moved here from my hometown Abilene, TX in 2000 so I could finish earning my college degrees from UTA and UT Southwestern Medical Center. My husband Perry is from Lubbock, TX and also a Texas A&M alumnus. I own my own business, RENEW Physical Therapy Fort Worth and I am the physical therapist at the Ridglea Country Club. My husband currently works for Prius Intelli. We have four children, 1 girl and 3 boys, a dog named Scout and our cat Batman. My daughter Katriel attended our neighborhood schools and is now a Texas State Graduate who currently works in Boise, ID at Blue Fire Wilderness Therapy. My three boys, Scooter (14), Bridger (11) and Tanner (9) all attend Daggett Montessori School.
2) How long have you lived in Ridglea North? We have lived in the neighborhood for twenty years and have lived on three different streets since we moved here - Westridge, Tex Blvd and now Drury Ln. We love our location and its convenient access to Camp Bowie and a hop onto I30. We love our neighborhood and how active and friendly everyone is.
3) What’s your favorite neighborhood activity or event? My favorite neighborhood activity is Movies in the Park and the 5K fun run. We also really enjoy watching all the Turkey Trot participants run by our house! Our favorite go to neighborhood restaurant is Mi Cocula and the boys love playing in the open field at Berney Park.
4) What’s your favorite thing to do in Fort Worth? Our favorite thing to do in Fort Worth is being outdoors, hiking the Botanic Gardens, running or biking on the Trinity Trails, or visiting the Fort Worth Zoo. We also always look forward to the Fort Worth Stockshow and Rodeo!
5) What’s your best advice on being a good neighbor? I always like to make eye contact, give a friendly smile or say hello as I pass a neighbor walking the neighborhood. Introduce yourself to new neighbors on the block and make them feel welcome. Get to know one another and be there for each other when the time arises, like when you run out of chili powder to make that frito pie ;)