1) Tell us about yourself and your family. Lewis and I just celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary :) He retired last year from the Army after 27 years of service. He now serves on several non-profit boards and volunteers with military & veteran related causes in DFW. I am a Marine Veteran and Assistant Center Director and Administrative Officer at the VA Medical Research Center in Palo, Alto CA (remote). I retire in January! We have 2 adult children, a middle school teacher in Fort Worth and a Junior at Lubbock Christian University. We're both glad to be back in our home state of Texas.
2) How long have you lived in Ridglea North? Since June 2020, about 18 months. We relocated here from our last duty assignment in Northern CA. Our best friends from CA also moved to Ridglea North a couple months ago!
3) What’s your favorite neighborhood activity or event? We enjoy and volunteer for the National Night Out and first responder support. It's great to have a Community Police Officer we know by name (Officer Bel Haddad). We appreciate RNNA providing opportunities to recognize and meet our first responders!
4) What’s your favorite thing to do in Fort Worth? There are so many great places to visit but unique to Fort Worth is our favorite, Mule Alley & the Stockyards! Dinner at Provender Hall, attending a Rodeo and drinks at the Drover is a favorite date night. Second Thursdays at the Amon Carter Museum is also wonderful. Our go-to restaurant is HG Supply Co.
5) What’s your best advice on being a good neighbor? Get involved with RNNA & get to know your neighbors! Our Block Captain and neighbors provided several opportunities to meet this past year and we always try to take advantage. Say hello to fellow walkers!